All new adult patients will receive a Comprehensive Exam, a Full Set of X-rays, and POSSIBLY a dental cleaning (Prophylaxis).
A Comprehensive Exam includes:
- an oral cancer screening
- cavity detection
- gum check (periodontal probing)
- TMJ and bite evaluation
A Full Set of X-rays are needed to check for cavity, root canal problems, gum disease and jaw pathology.
-Our office will do our best to contact your insurance company to check on eligibility and coverage for this procedure. Most insurance policies only cover this x-ray once every 3-5 years.
-If recent x-rays have been taken by a previous dentist, you may want to request a good, readable copy
Most new adult patients receive a Prophylaxis (routine cleaning). Not all patients may receive a prophylaxis if there are gum problems (periodontal disease) which require more extensive work to rectify a gum problem. Dr Wieczorek will make that determination during the examination.
All children will receive a Comprehensive Exam, and possibly Bitewing x-rays, a Panorex x-ray, a Child prophylaxis (cleaning) and a topical fluoride application.
- All children will receive a Comprehensive Exam.
- Newborn to 5-6 years old may not have any x-rays taken at all (if they are too small).
- Bitewing x-rays can be taken as early as 5-6 years old if the child can tolerate it.
- Panorex x-rays are taken at the age of 8.
- A cleaning and topical fluoride are provided for all children, unless they are too young to cooperate.